Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I really enjoyed this label. I love the simplicity of the logo, the bright colors, how the 'M' transforms into roots, reflecting the earthy flavor of the wine, and how the entire 'M' is not present, making a more dynamic form but still the readability is easy. Again, I know nothing really about wine but these are just some examples of how I would have purchased any of these 3 bottles purely because I was attracted to the wine label.
I thought this was a interesting way to label a bottle of wine. Although the letters overlap the label is still pretty easy to read. I thought it was a innovative way to incorporate positive negative shapes using letterforms and creating patterns leaving the letterforms in black and white.
I am doing my type collection on how I choose to purchase bottles of wine based on the label. This is one example of a bottle of wine I would have purchased solely because of the label. I enjoy the simplicity of the font, the color, and the simple curvey addition over the 'o' and 'd' that reflects the swirly pattern in the label. I love the shiny blue color of the label and overall I find it a strong simple effective eye catching design.

No comments:

Post a Comment